7 Tips to Attract High-Paying Customers When Selling Your Home
When selling your home, you must do everything you can to attract high-paying customers. Most homeowners often provide misleading information when selling their homes to fast-track the process. As a result, Spokane home buyers have become more vigilant when searching for their dream home. Here are seven tips to help you avoid common mistakes and attract high-paying customers when selling your home.
Get a Home Inspection
A home inspection will help you identify potential problems that could turn off buyers or cause them to low-ball you on their offer. A home inspection will also allow you to make repairs before putting your home on the market.
Make sure you cover these areas during the home inspection:
- Check the roof for leaks and damaged shingles.
- Inspect the gutters and downspouts to ensure they’re in good working condition.
- Test all the appliances to make sure they’re in good working order.
- Check the HVAC system to ensure it’s in good working condition.
- Inspect the plumbing fixtures and pipes for leaks or damage.
Curb Appeal Matters
When potential buyers drive up to your home, the first thing they will see is the exterior. You want to ensure your home has good curb appeal so that buyers are impressed from the moment they lie on your property.
Here are some things you can do to improve your home’s curb appeal:
- Mow the lawn and trim the hedges.
- Remove any dead plants or flowers.
- Power wash the exterior of your home.
- Paint the front door and shutters (if necessary).
- Replace any missing roof shingles.
Declutter and Depersonalize
When potential buyers walk into your home, you want them to be able to envision themselves living there. That’s why it’s important to declutter and depersonalize your home before putting it on the market.
Here are some things you can do to declutter and depersonalize your home:
- Pack up personal items like family photos, heirlooms, and knick-knacks.
- Remove excess furniture to make your home look more spacious.
- Organize your closets and cabinets.
- Put away any personal toiletries in the bathroom.
Let There be Light
Open up the curtains and blinds and turn on all the lights before buyers come to view your home. You want potential buyers to see your home in its best light—literally!
Stage it Right
Home staging is arranging furniture and decor in a way that makes your home look its best.
Here are some things to keep in mind when staging your home:
- Arrange the furniture to create a flow or natural path throughout the space.
- Place large pieces of furniture away from the entrance of each room.
- Use neutral colors and patterns when staging your home.
- Add personal touches like fresh flowers or scented candles.
Price it Right
You might be tempted to overprice your home because you think it’s worth more than it really is. But if you want to attract high-paying customers, you must price your home competitively. Work with your real estate agent to determine a fair price for your home.
Market Your Home Correctly
If you want to attract high-paying customers and sell your home fast, you need to market your home correctly. You need to reach potential buyers where they are—which is most likely online. Make sure your real estate agent creates an enticing listing for your home that includes high-quality photos and a detailed description. You should also ensure your home is being marketed on the right platforms.
If your property is in well-maintained condition, it deserves top dollar. We are sure the above tips will help.