What Causes Blocked Drains and How to Avoid Them
Whether it’s a home or an office, blocked drains can lead to a very messy and disastrous situation. When the drains are blocked, it hampers the free flow of the water from your kitchen, bathroom, and other parts of the area. As a result of this, water cannot pass through properly, and it creates a very unhealthy and unhygienic condition.
Some certain signs and symptoms would indicate that your drainage mechanism is not working properly. If you have ever come across such a situation, where the water is not flushing through properly or the sink is not getting cleared as quickly as it is supposed to that case, it is a telling sign that you have blocked drains. But, getting out of these situations is very difficult. You might have heard about some DIY mechanisms to clean the blocked drains. However, they are not useful when the problem is big. Instead, all you can do is get in touch with an experienced plumber. They have the skills and expertise to diagnose the problem and fix it as quickly as possible.
What are the main reasons for blocked drains?
The multiple different reasons that can contribute to blocked drains. In the following section, you will be offered a brief insight into some of them, so that you can keep an eye to ensure that this type of situation can be avoided.
- Plastic and other kinds of insoluble materials are considered to be the most common reasons.
- Loose hair from your body tends to drain out while you are bathing and washing. These loose hairs get accumulated at the openings of the train and create a blockage.
- Dirt might be another reason. Though you clean the bathroom with running water after a long time dirt accumulates and blocks pipes.
- Throwing food waste expecting that it will pass through the pipeline is another major factor.
- Small objects like broken soap, and toilet paper form clusters of garbage inside the drain.
- At times, physical damages can also cause blockage in drains. If you have a drainage system that is quite old, in that case, rusting within the interior of the drain’s inner surface can cause blockage.
These are some of the common reasons that usually cause your drains to get blocked:
However, there are ways to avoid them. You need to make sure that you got your drainage system checked out regularly so that this kind of thing can be avoided. All you need to do is to call a plumber, and the rest would be taken care of by him.
Keep these things in mind when you are looking for a plumber:
- Besides individual plumbers, many agencies are there that have sufficient manpower and resources to render proper services.
- You need to make sure that you have opted for a service provider that has a fair amount of reputation in the market for rendering quality services.
- If you’re not quite sure which one could be the best option for choosing a plumbing agency, you can run a search over the Internet. You would be overloaded with information.
- It is always advisable to do some research, check reviews, and due diligence to get an idea about their credentials.
Therefore, to avoid such situations, you need to ensure that you got your drainage system checked regularly. The best thing for you to do would be to get in with a yearly contract with the plumbing agency, who would visit you every month, and inspect the entire drainage system. This would ensure that there are no glitches or other kinds of issues that can result in blocked drains.